Take time to check out the AAPC Blog
|Healthcare System||Career Search Link|
|St. Luke's Health System||http://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/jobs-saint-lukes-health-system|
|Truman Medical Centers||http://www.trumed.org/careers|
|University of Kansas Hospital||http://www.kumed.com/careers|
Clay Platte Family Medicine Clinic, Kansas City’s first NCQA recognized Medical Home, is currently seeking an outstanding Certified Medical Coder with Risk Adjustment/HCC experience for charge entry to join our busy growing practice. Applicants must be proficient at performing the following assignments:
1. Coordinates with staff to get charge information for all patients in an EHR environment.
2. Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
3. Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing.
4. Gathers and verifies all information required to produce a clean claim, including special billing procedures that may be defined by a payer or contract.
5. Follows ICD10 codes & guidelines to ensure diagnosis codes are appropriate.
6. Assists in charge capture by reviewing provider documentation and patient documentation.
7. Queries provider when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation is unclear.
8. Provides education to providers and related staff on coding guidelines and concepts
9. Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
10. Works in conjunction with A/R team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections.
11. Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines through the use of current CPT, HCPCS II and ICD-10 materials.
This position is scheduled Monday through Friday. Clay Platte Family Medicine Clinic offers excellent compensation and the following benefits:
10 days of PTO in the first year
To learn more about our clinic, please visit our website at www.clayplattefamily.com. To apply for this position contact Lori Lingo or Kari Giles at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Certified Medical Coder required (CPC, CCS)
3. ICD-10 Certified
4. Experience with Medicare Risk Adjustment/HCC; preferred.
5. Experience in a physician billing office, preferably in a family practice setting.
6. General understanding of basic accounting principles.
7. Proven ability to analyze patient accounts
8. Knowledge of medical terminology.
9. Knowledge of customer service concepts.
10. Ability to communicate clearly and positively.
1. Work is performed in a typical, well-lighted office.
2. Work involves frequent contact with staff and patients.
3. Work involves considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, and reaching.
4. May required to lift a maximum of 30 pounds.
Make sure to check out the Member Spotlight on the Membership Tab.
Please click on the Membership tab at the top of this page for details.
AAPC of Kansas City
PO Box 12431
Kansas City, MO 64116
AAPC of KC offers scholarships to our members for local chapter events. See the scholarship application.
Do you need a Mentor, or would you like to become a Mentor? The AAPC of KC has a program to pair up members that need a little guidance and support with members who have a wealth of knowledge to share.
This program was developed to help our new and newly credentialed members with the support that is needed in our chosen career field.,Syd Stevens (email@example.com), Member Development Officer, can answer any questions you may have about this program.
Connect with us on Facebook to learn about upcoming meetings, job opportunities and educatonal updates.