Take time to check out the AAPC Blog
|Healthcare System||Career Search Link|
|St. Luke's Health System||http://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/jobs-saint-lukes-health-system|
|Truman Medical Centers||http://www.trumed.org/careers|
|University of Kansas Hospital||http://www.kumed.com/careers|
The University of Kansas Hospital is looking for a Physician Coding Supervisor. Applicants can apply online at: https://www.kansashealthsystem.com/careers
Department Health Information Management (HIM)
Shift Days - Full-Time
Broadmoor Campus, KS
Administrative & Clerical
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Physician Coding Supervisor is responsible for the daily work flow, procedures, efficiencies and operational improvements in the coding and compliance department.
· Maintain interpersonal relations and communications with staff.
· Provide reports and feedback to administration on department operations.
· Perform performance reviews, improvement plans and provide necessary feedback to staff.
· Produces periodic physician audit reviews for administrative and physician review.
· Determine accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures for assignment of the CPT and ICD-9 procedures codes for services performed in the clinic.
· Responsible for reviewing encounter form and physician documentation to ensure accurate coding and compliance prior to charge entry.
· Maintain and update Coding and Compliance Policies as they apply to various situations.
· Maintain and remain current on the educational aspects of this position; including but not limited to procedural and diagnostic coding.
· Develop and maintain proper job descriptions for Coding and Compliance Dept employees.
· Ensure payroll is properly completed in time management system.
· Ensure all personnel are properly trained and updated on appropriate coding and compliance guidelines and concepts
· Maintain Certification and remain current with coding trends and updates.
· Responsible for making sure all coding and compliance team members are aware of the latest insurance updates, changes, additions, deletions.
· Runs Athena custom reports as needed.
· Review potential cost reduction, enhancements and staffing efficiency improvements to recommend possible changes to MAC CEO.
· Ensure and maintain accurate and current coding and database information in the billing management system.
· Ensure adequate cross-training is available for each position and ensure proper training and education for all job aspects.
· Maintain Continuing Professional Education and remain current with new coding and compliance trends in the medical field.
· Facilitate Physician education regarding coding and compliance issues.
· Assists the Central Business Office in Coding/Compliance/Denial issues
· Makes presentations to leadership or physician committees as requested.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
** Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Childrens Mercy Health Information Managment
Schedule: Full Time 60-80
This position manages coding activities for the professional coding section. Assists the Assistant Director for Professional Revenue in smooth functions for coding operations. Participates in departmental management activities. Maintains good working knowledge of all Health Information Management (HIM), Professional Revenue and Hospital policy and procedures. Able to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment. Continuously strives to improve processes in the HIM department while maintaining a high level of quality service to all of our customers.
3 or more years’ experience professional coding
Previous Experience in Professional (Physician) Coding & Auditing and working with Compliance
1-2- years Prior management work experience
RHIA or RHIT or CCS or CPC required
Willingly assumes additional work or change work methods and is receptive to job irregularities.
Can be counted on to proactively resolve problems within the limit of authority.
Make sure to check out the Member Spotlight on the Membership Tab.
Please click on the Membership tab at the top of this page for details.
AAPC of Kansas City
PO Box 12431
Kansas City, MO 64116
AAPC of KC offers scholarships to our members for local chapter events. See the scholarship application.
Do you need a Mentor, or would you like to become a Mentor? The AAPC of KC has a program to pair up members that need a little guidance and support with members who have a wealth of knowledge to share.
This program was developed to help our new and newly credentialed members with the support that is needed in our chosen career field.,Syd Stevens (email@example.com), Member Development Officer, can answer any questions you may have about this program.
Connect with us on Facebook to learn about upcoming meetings, job opportunities and educatonal updates.