Take time to check out the AAPC Blog
|Healthcare System||Career Search Link|
|St. Luke's Health System||http://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/jobs-saint-lukes-health-system|
|Truman Medical Centers||http://www.trumed.org/careers|
|University of Kansas Hospital||http://www.kumed.com/careers|
Clay Platte Family Medicine Clinic, Kansas City’s first NCQA recognized Medical Home, is currently seeking an outstanding Certified Medical Coder, CPC or CPC-A, to join our busy practice for our in-house lab charge entry.
Applicants must be proficient at performing the following assignments:
* Coordinates with staff to get charge information for all patients in an EHR environment.
* Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
* Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing.
* Gathers and verifies all information required to produce a clean claim, including special billing procedures that may be defined by a payer or contract.
* Follows ICD9/ICD10 codes to ensure diagnosis codes are appropriate.
* Assists in charge capture by reviewing provider documentation and patient documentation.
* Queries provider when code assignments are not straightforward, or documentation is unclear.
* Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
* Works in conjunction with A/R team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections.
* Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines through the use of current CPT, HCPCS II and ICD-9/10 materials.
* Responsible for maintaining current documentation guidelines and communicating those to providers.
This position is scheduled from 8:00-4:30 Monday through Friday. Clay Platte Family Medicine Clinic offers excellent compensation and the following benefits:
10 days of PTO in the first year
* High school diploma or GED.
* Certified Medical Coder, CPC or CPC-A, required.
* Experience with Medicare Risk Adjustment/HCC; preferred.
* 2+ years preferred experience in a physician billing office, preferably in a family practice setting.
* General understanding of basic accounting principles.
* Proven ability to analyze patient accounts
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of customer service concepts.
* Ability to communicate clearly and positively.
* Work is performed in a typical, well-lighted office.
* Work involves frequent contact with staff and patients.
* Work involves considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, and reaching.
* May required to lift a maximum of 30 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
* Medical field background preferred.
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Certified Professional Coder (CPC or CPC-A) (Required)
SilverCreek RCM is hiring for an Anesthesia Coder in our Overland Park office. Email your resume to HRINFO@silvercreekrcm.com
Job Title: Coding Specialist Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Coding Supervisor Department: Coding Department
Pay Status: Hourly
Summary of Responsibilities
Translate narrative procedural and diagnostic information into appropriate ICD-10, CPT, ASA and HCPCS codes.
1. Perform coding for assigned client(s), maintaining PBN established benchmarks for productivity and error rates.
2. Review and evaluate charge source documentation provided for accuracy and completeness.
3. Assign/verify appropriate ICD-10, CPT, ASA and HCPCS codes based upon medical record documentation received from client.
4. Keep apprised of new and changing Medicare and Medicaid related regulations and policies affecting coding.
5. Keep apprised of commercial payer policies and procedures which impact coding.
6. Coordinate efforts with Document Control and Batch Entry in resolving coding related issues.
7. Obtain certified coding credential within one year of employment.
Supervisor Responsibility: None
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience: Minimum 1-year medical coding experience or have completed both a medical terminology and basic coding class.
Required Licenses and/or Certificates: Must possess a nationally recognized Medical Coding Certification
The Patient Account Representative will be responsible for billing, collection, straightforward coding, and all account receivable activities for the physician clinics within Saint Luke’s Health System. Activities include, but are not limited to, responding to inbound and outbound billing calls from patients, payment posting, resolving payment credits, identifying and correcting medical claim errors that may prevent payment and identifying, correcting, and resubmitting medical claims denied by insurance companies.
Percentage of time spent on job duties above will vary dependent on the focus area of team assigned. A summary of specific team duties are described below, all to include other duties as assigned.
Anesthesia Insurance Denials and Follow-Up
• Responsible for researching, identifying errors, and correcting claims denied by insurance companies.
• Must be able to assess claim to determine when appropriate to make charge adjustments, void a charge, or escalate to the team lead and/or another medical billing team.
• Responsible for writing appeal letters to insurance companies
• Responsible for following up with insurance companies for no response claims.
• Responsible for working with patient calls escalated from the Customer Service team regarding involving billing code issues.
• Research refund request from payor organizations
• Responsible for preliminary audit of billing code errors before claim submitted to the Coding team.
• Responsible for routing complex claim denial to team lead and/or the appropriate medical billing team.
• Responsible for identifying issues which can be resolved by programing software to prevent denials.
• Responsible for becoming a subject matter expert on the payor policies.
• Responsible for communicating and resolving problems with the provider representatives
• Responsible for simple level coding, including diagnosis review, modifier applications, some CPT cod changes following process documents and payor policies
****Candidates for this position must have a strong background in working Anesthesia outstanding A/R, denials, and appeals****
This position has flex hours, employee works 5 days a week Monday -Friday. Employee can choose how to work 8 hour days anytime between 6:00am-5:30 pm (with a start time no later than 9am). Position also has the ability to telecommute, offers career ladder advancement opportunities, and includes a bonus program.
Day (United States of America)
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users. Apply Here
Saint Luke's Health System
CENTRAL BUSINESS OFFICE
1241 W Stadium Blvd, Jefferson City, MO65109
Make sure to check out the Member Spotlight on the Membership Tab.
Please click on the Membership tab at the top of this page for details.
AAPC of Kansas City
PO Box 12431
Kansas City, MO 64116
AAPC of KC offers scholarships to our members for local chapter events. See the scholarship application.
Do you need a Mentor, or would you like to become a Mentor? The AAPC of KC has a program to pair up members that need a little guidance and support with members who have a wealth of knowledge to share.
This program was developed to help our new and newly credentialed members with the support that is needed in our chosen career field.,Syd Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org), Member Development Officer, can answer any questions you may have about this program.
Connect with us on Facebook to learn about upcoming meetings, job opportunities and educatonal updates.